Ultimate Frisbee 2021 with Manchester Parks and Recreation
Ultimate Frisbee also known as Ultimate has become a popular and exciting, non-contact team sport, played by thousands the world over. It mixes the best features of sports such as soccer, basketball, and American football into an elegantly simple yet fascinating and demanding game. The object is to pass the disc without dropping or interception into an end zone like an American football field. Ultimate Frisbee has been part of our school for 15-years and counting with the only co-ed 6-12 team in the league.
SEASON April 26th - June 4th
Every effort will be made to schedule games on Tuesdays and Thursdays but due to field availability and weather related cancellations this may not always be the case.
Please Register by Friday, April 2nd!
Coordinator: Liesle Hawley
- This program is run by Manchester Parks & Rec – registration available at mbtsrec.com. Schedule will be posted, please check periodically for changes.
- Depending on availability, practices will be at located at Brook Street or Masconomo Field from 2:30- 3:30 Monday - Friday. Official team practice will start at 2:30 and end promptly at 3:30.
- Players should always bring the following to practices and matches: team shirt, weather appropriate clothing, cleats, running shoes, plenty of water, snacks, hand sanitizer and a mask to wear as well as a back up mask.
- Costs - $65.00 for the season to cover discs, team shirts, pinnies, field use fees, etc. Manchester Essex Team Ultimate is a club sport and does not receive funding for field space, transportation, nor any other assistance from the school.
- Uniforms – team shirt, cleats and running shoes (no team shirt, no cleats, no play).
- Playing a varsity sport fulfills the junior or senior year PE requirement (it does not waive it). Club or non-varsity sports does not automatically fulfill it, but if a junior or senior were to keep track of Ultimate Frisbee hours for practice and competition, then guidance would view that as completing the “self-directed” PE path – 40 hours required. Each student must submit a form for each year (junior and senior) if following a PE path other than a varsity sport.